View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/06/2006 3:17 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyThe fact is I dont think my religion is superior, I just think its correct. Does that necessarily mean its superior? Idk. Depends on how you define superior. I dont think it means people of my religion are better than Muslims I just think we're going to heaven and they arent, though we all hold the same opportunity.[/QUOTE]
Right there's what I'm talking about. It's not so much that you talk like your religion's superior, but you completely defecate on the rest. Comments like "I just think we're going to heaven and they arent" is a blatant and disrespectful way to talk about the tradition that someone else follows. Especially since there's no proof that either one is actually correct, you're basically just making assumptions. Think about it, would you like to be told that you're going to hell because you didn't believe in the same thing as the guy next to you?
[QUOTE=stackny]
Ive read into what I defend, just some Ive read into more than others. Why am I always defending myself? Cuz everyone on this bored is a tolerant liberal who likes to pick apart everything I say. Duh.

Of course we're (or at least I am) going to dissect everything you say. What do you want me to do? Pick and choose what parts of your argument that I want to hear and go with that? But that wasn't quite the point I was shooting for. What I was getting at is early on in a debate you say something, then later on you say something that contradicts what you'd previously said, then when presented these two thoughts you're left manuevering around your own words.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.