View post (LATS... other people prone to riding contraptions with only two wheels...)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/10/2006 12:31 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiIf I were to get a bike I would probably buy something American-made out of patriotism. I also strongly suspect that policemen are more likely to ticket crotch rockets than cruisers.[/QUOTE]
I used to think that way until I realized that the $8,500 Yamaha is going to out-perform and be more reliable than a similar displacement Harley Davidson which I wouldn't be able to even look at for less than $20,000.

Then I said to myself "you know what... this situation only exists because people will shell out any amount of money just to own a HD and how well it works is a very distant consideration... I think I'll spend my money elsewhere."

[QUOTE=elklandercc]I hope it doesn't use a drives shaft cause my dad has one on his bike and its really loud and annoying when it winds out, you can hear it over the exhaust.

It's a shaft drive but I don't think it's going to be a problem: Neither of my friend's Yamahas have shaft noise problems; one of them is an 1100 like mine and the other is a late 70's 750.

Also, I have every intention of keeping this bike VERY well maintained.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons