View post (Top 10 favourite bands)

View thread

TimE.
TimE.
12/28/2001 5:47 pm
My favorite bands have a big meaning behind them. I will list them in order of influence to me. Now, when I was 10 years old, I hated music. I don't mean I disliked it, or nothing fit me, or I didn't like certain genres of music. I HATED ALL MUSIC!!! Every little note of every little song made me SICK. Until, I heard the Eagles. I don't know why, but I enjoyed them. After awhile, I was obsessed with the Eagles and then started venturing off into other rock bands. Here is a chronological order of bands that I still love to this day(all of which has helped inspire me to become as great of a guitarist as I see fit):

1. Eagles
2. Tom Petty
3. Van Halen
4. Guns & Roses
5. Eric Clapton
6. MEAT-ALLICA!!!! (metallica)
7. Pantera

...and since then, I have opened my world to a lot of good bands. One thing that people think is that if a band is really famous, like Metallica, that they are sell-outs. That the bands don't care about music and such, and hell, the band isn't even that talented. It's their record companies and manager who makes them look so good. Well, you have to remember how they got there. THEY HAD TO ENTERTAIN PEOPLE!!! They found a way to attract a large crowd and make them all overwhelmed in emotions and sound. That is what makes a band popular. Spank you,
~Time is of the Essence...