View post (Top 10 favourite bands)

View thread

Barreta_jetstream1
Barreta_jetstream1
12/24/2001 8:20 pm
drum roll please
in reverse order the results are...

5. The Smiths - Why oh why did the best rhythm player to come out of england have to be around in the 80s? is it too much to ask that he was around in the 60s when the words guitar pop meant something? considering what marr did when the guitar was unfashonable, the mind boggles at what the band counld have done if they were around 20 years earlyer

4. Queen - Brian may is the reason i picked up the guitar in the first place. i heard their live at wembly 86 when i was 6 and have been hooked ever since. may simply has the best sound, live at least, ever!

3. Led Zepplin - To be fair i only have led zep II and IV. the fact they are so high in my list is testomony to how brillient these two albums are.

2. Hendrix - When i am sat watching him, i am still convinced this guy was not real. his playing is so expresive and powerful, he adds more feeling in every note than beethoven did in a lifetime. combined with a songwriting ability that is simply scarey, hendrix is at number two, tiped at the post by...

1. Radiohead - Despite being loathed on this site, and basicly by all the world, in my opinion these guys are the best guitar based band around at the moment and , if i'm feeling adventureus, ever. They travel from triple guitar onslaught to mellow mood music in the blink of an eye. they also are the first band to succesfuly incorperate dance and electronica elements in rock music, while still keeping their blues background eg. i might be wrong. every one on this site seems to hate them but i was willing to give them a chance, an now i am reaping the rewards
Tandem Felix