Veintiuno

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2006 3:34 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsworlds future alchoholic

An alcoholic is one who lacks control over his or her drinking. That's not me. While I'm having to edit almost every word I'm typing I'm in complete control of the situation. I know within a tenth of a percent what my BAC is and I know exactly how many ounces of alcohol I'm putting in every drink. I'm smart enough to decide exactly how much alcohol I'll be drinking at what rate before I start chugging it down. Furthermore I know enough about alcohol and its effects that I'm not going to be drinking more than once or twice each week, which is quite modest for a college student here.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/28/2006 3:44 am
Drinkin with friends is about as far as it goes for me. :)
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2006 3:53 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyDrinkin with friends is about as far as it goes for me. :)

Good idea. My twin brother in the Army says if you have to drink when you're alone it's a clear sign that you're headed in a bad direction.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/28/2006 3:58 am
Well, not neccessarily. If your in the wrong direction, and you drink alone, that's a problem. I just meant more that you have more fun with friends.

That said, go easy, or at least at the same pace as everyone else...last time I got my legs shaved and my right eyebrow :eek: Ha! Damn good thing for them I can take a joKe!
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow

METOOB
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2006 4:06 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyat least at the same pace as everyone else.

My only friend who drinks weighs like 300 lbs. If I went the sa me pace as h9im I would be dead.
-A.H.
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/28/2006 4:25 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiAn alcoholic is one who lacks control over his or her drinking. That's not me. While I'm having to edit almost every word I'm typing I'm in complete control of the situation. I know within a tenth of a percent what my BAC is and I know exactly how many ounces of alcohol I'm putting in every drink. I'm smart enough to decide exactly how much alcohol I'll be drinking at what rate before I start chugging it down. Furthermore I know enough about alcohol and its effects that I'm not going to be drinking more than once or twice each week, which is quite modest for a college student here.

it was a joke.. it's just that, you've started this thread only 4 days ago, and are already telling us about all these drinks you have tried already, and it sounds like alot.

perhaps you just didn't understand that because you were intoxicated.. and tomorrow you'll come back and be like "ohhhhhh"
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/28/2006 4:38 am
Drunk ?!?

Drunk ???

Me n' my Celtic ancestors can assure you, good sir, that we are [u]not[/u] drunk 'til we've broken th'last blade of grass holdin' us onta the face of God's green earth!

>s'truth!!< ;)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/28/2006 4:48 am
I remember stumbling upon that thread during a search. Definate classic.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2006 4:57 am
One thing I've notice d being drni k is I've lost the tv remote liek a dozen times now. Godam thin g keeps wanderong off on its onw.
-A.H.
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/28/2006 5:09 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiOne thing I've notice d being drni k is I've lost the tv remote liek a dozen times now. Godam thin g keeps wanderong off on its onw.

lol, I think you've hand enough to drink there buddy! :D
my spyspace
# 10
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2006 11:55 am
Yup. It seems there's a very fine line between being pleasantly mellowed and completely sh*faced for me.

I need to find more figure skating on TV before I get drunk again.
-A.H.
# 11
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/28/2006 1:28 pm
Hmm. Interesting question. I would think that it doesn't really matter since it's your first time. You're probably going to get hammered regardless of what you choose to consume. But here's how it breaks down for me (and this is from years of serious research):

Beer: you'll laugh a great deal. Eventually you won't even remember why you're laughing which will make you laugh even more.

Vodka: Depending on the mix, you might find this a pleasant enough drunk. Stop when you have to close one eye to walk straight, well, semi-straight.

Scotch: Primarily an image drink. It tastes like diesel (don't ask how I know it tastes like diesel but trust me on this one) but unless you plan on wearing an ascot, smoking a pipe and expousing your deep thoughts on Proust, avoid it all cost.

Gin: This is just nasty. You want to know what it tastes like before you order one? Go suck on a juniper bush or a pine tree for an hour or two. Plus with a gin drunk, you can actually light your burps. Interesting yes, but dangerous in the close quarters of a night club or corner bar.

Tequila: Dangerous. Almost every major mistake that I have made (so far) in my life can be related back to a night of TQ shots. There's a point where it moves from fun with friends to some sort of Fellini-esque nightmare. Don't say that I didn't warn you.

Whiskey: Always a good choice. A good Kentucky windage can just cruise right along. Not too nasty and it has a nice way of letting you know when you've had enough. Careful though. A common side effect is waking up in the morning with someone you don't recognize. Believe me. It's happened to me on more than one occassion.

Grain: It's for the extreme drinker. Hats off to those of you who do this. Not me. For me, it's always given me that stupid alcohol courage to try to wrestle a combine or to walk into an inner city bar and say things like 'Rap sucks...'

Wine: Not a bad choice for a first timer. Nice and mellow. Of course, if you're out with your buddies, they may never let you live it down. Expect comments like "Don't forget your purse when you leave Nancy..." and other choice bon mots.

In other words, you kinda gotta experiment and see what works for you.

ADVICE: Eat bread with olive oil before going out. That helps coat the stomach and will give you a little endurance.

Good luck.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 12
arska007
arska007
01/28/2006 1:40 pm
drink bloody mother ****er!!
"I am the lizard king, i can do anything!"-The Doors
# 13
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2006 2:48 pm
Whiskey: ...A common side effect is waking up in the morning with someone you don't recognize. Believe me. It's happened to me on more than one occassion.

Whiskey will make me sexy? Awesome.

ADVICE: Eat bread with olive oil before going out. That helps coat the stomach and will give you a little endurance.

I'll be sure to try that. One thing I learned last night is that a salad with ham and turkey does not go well with liquor.

I've got a question- how is it that it's illegal in the United States to run an ad for cigarettes on television but not alcohol?
-A.H.
# 14
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/28/2006 6:30 pm
Take it easy at parties though. There's nothing sicker than see some chickblowing chunks at a bonfire from taking too many tequila shots...trust me.

METOOB
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/28/2006 7:54 pm
god, I can't wait till I'm 21 :rolleyes:
my spyspace
# 16
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2006 10:02 pm
The advantage you have living in England isn't so much that you can drink at a younger age but rather that you have a better selection of fluids with which to get pissed. For example, real ale.

I found the TV remote. It was on the floor a couple meters away from where it should have been.
-A.H.
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.