Everything's Really BIG!!

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2005 6:58 pm
I just got a 21" monitor for my old Mac. Holy crap on a stick...
everything's HUGE.

In other lovely news though, just had to relay this story (hi Cryptic :)
Went all the way to Toronto ( 2 hour round trip in Boxing week traffic) to a place called CPUsed to buy the monitor.
Told the guy I needed one for a G3. He sells me this one. I get to the studio and the plug doesn't fit. I call up, turns up I need an adapter cause the guy thought I meant a G3 Blue and White Mac. (I have a G3 Beige).

I try everywhere around town and nobody has an adapter so I drive all the way back to CPUsed again (another 2 hour trip).
A guy hands me an adapter and says it's $15 (I already know it's worth about $3 on eBay). I nicely explain the situation and ask if he'd consider taking a couple of dollars off the price. Not much.... just $2 or whatever because I had to drive all the way back down there again.

In comes the 'manager'... big guy on campus. Tells me that I can have the plug the other guy just recommended for $5 but it probably won't work because it has DP switches (whatever the hell that means).

I'm thinking ok... so why was this guy just trying to sell it to me for $15??
If I hadn't asked for money off I'd have walked out of here with this plug and it wouldn't have worked either???

Mr. big 'manager' goes in the back room, grabs another adapter and says he can let me have this one for $23 but can't give me a deal because it's new.
(even though it's in an old bag and obviously a spare that was just lying around the back room)
I explain the situation to him.. All I'm asking for is a couple of bucks out of good faith.
Nope... no deal. Mr. big shot has to be a dick and charge the full price.

Fine... no problem.
So my new studio equipment is now being bought somewhere else and I'll never go back to CPUSED in Toronto again. Plus I'll write the owner of the store at CPUsed in Toronto and tell them why I won't be doing business at CPUsed in Toronto anymore... plus for the next few years I'm going to tell this story over and over again about CPUSED in Toronto to everybody who listens and hopefully nobody else will go to CPUsed in Toronto. I'm not saying that CPUSED in Toronto will rip you off or give you bad information or anything (god forbid that I say something bad about CPUSED in Toronto that might be letigious... I'm just stating my own opinion about my lousy service experience at CPUsed in Toronto and not saying anything about what might happen in your case if you went to CPUSED in Toronto)
So congrats $2 Mr. Manager Sir Big shot on Campus of CPUSED in Toronto, "I'm the king of my castle and that's the way it goes" guy.
You saved $2.

Now I think I'll go post this message all over usenet.
The internet is fun.
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/28/2005 8:42 pm
I hate it when people act like that. I guess that's how they get their kick though, by screwing over the litte guy. He probably charged you extra so he could afford his kid a christmas gift. If you don't like everything big on your monitor just adjust the resolution.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2005 9:08 pm
nah...
despite my horrible, mind numbing experience at CPUsed in Toronto, I actually enjoy having a 21" monitor.

It's kinda like suddenly changing from a 28" tv to a 60" projection.
It's right in my face and I can actually have 3 windows open at the same time and not keep closing stuff to see what I'm doing.

Unfortunately, I'm so upset about my treatment at CPUsed in Toronto, that I'm having a hard time enjoying the experience.

I hope nobody else in the Toronto area experiences the same horrible, awful treatment that I got at CPUsed in Toronto. I mean the monitor is great, even though it's 'refurbished'.
And even though 3 years ago I bought an Apple monitor from CPUsed in Toronto that didn't work properly and made 'snapping' noises every time I restarted my computer and I didn't return it because I trusted they'd made an honest mistake and it was too far to drive, but unfortunately, that's the one that eventually burned up... and a few years earlier somebody at CPUsed in Toronto lied to me about the price I'd get for my used Powerbook and then reduced the price by $250 after driving all the way down to CPUsed in Toronto so that I had to call the store owner from a pay phone outside the shop... and even then they still wouldn't give me what they'd promised on the phone and suddenly nobody at CPUsed in Toronto could remember talking to me...

Gosh... I'm not saying that their business is a rip off or anything or that they lie to their customers on the phone... holy moly. No way.

I'm just a simple guy that wanted to buy an old monitor at CPUsed in Toronto, who was hoping that his impressions of CPUsed in Toronto's service were at fault and maybe I'd made a mistake about CPUsed in Torontom thinking that CPUsed in Toronto were a bunch of scum bags who didn't give a crap about CPUsed in Toronto customers , and then drive home and hook it up and use it.

Gosh...
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/28/2005 9:23 pm
Geez... Just how many times can a person use "CPUsed in Toronto" in a post :confused:

Sorry about your luck, though. Some people are just flat out ass holes.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/28/2005 9:29 pm
CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto CPUsed in Toronto

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2005 9:29 pm
Yeah... I kinda repeated CPUsed in Toronto a few too many times.
But I wanted to be sure that people who shop at CPUsed in Toronto, know how they usually treat customers and figured the best way to do that was to repeat the words CPUsed in Toronto a bunch of times, cause I'm hoping other people who deal there will be more careful in the future or maybe even avoid using their company... at CPUsed in Toronto :cool:
# 6
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/28/2005 9:30 pm
Apparently there is a 10,000 character limit :confused: Which means you can roughly say the phrase 555 times.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/28/2005 9:30 pm
I was wondering if "CPUsed in Toronto" as a whole was the name of the company and he just didn't want to abbreviate.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 8
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2005 9:31 pm
SUCKS!!! SUCKS!!! SUCKS!!! SUCKS!!! SUCKS!!! SUCKS!!!

.... just my own opinion though....
# 9
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/29/2005 2:41 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneDoubtful. He would have had to write up a whole load of paperwork to lose the money AND product in the shuffle pocket the cash... he was probably just being a jerk, no ulterior motive. That or, I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes they legitimately can't give a discount... (just playing devil's advocate here)

But I've had some godawful treatment in retail before. I went to a drugstore across the street from where I lived in Boston; practically everyone there knew me to some degree, since I'd been going there for five years, and they shuffled through high school students I went to school with on break quite often. Because I've worked in fields where you get thrown huge levels of abuse and retarded expectations (car sales and hospitality... plus retail and foodservice), I am probably the most tolerant, patient, lenient patron you'll ever have. Need to shuffle some change around? Go ahead. Manager glowering at you? I understand, it's stressful. Take your time.

But on this occasion, this girl was talking to her friend... who didn't work there and was just standing there. She has her back to me, and I kind of coughed to get her attention; she kind of looked over her shoulder, saw me, and then went back to talking. "Mmhmm. I was like, I told him, yo, you best recognize [this was the big ghetto word at the time... "recognize"], I mean..."

I thought maybe she'd turn around to start ringing me up, but for a solid 30 seconds she just blabbed on about some stupid guy she broke up with. "Uh, excuse me-" I started and she put a finger up at me to tell me to "hold up." Now I'm starting to get pissed. This is crap. "Excuse me, I-"

"FINE," she snaps and turns around. I was buying a bag of chips and two cokes, a 20 oz for the walk back and a two liter for the Gran Turismo tournament. She dumps the cokes off the little ledge thing into the bag, so they'e all shaken and stuff... I can't openthat 20 oz now!! WTF? And she grabs the Doritos like an unruly chicken, slides it across the scanner thing over and over vogorously, crushing half the chips, then dumps it on top of the cokes haphazardly. "Four dollas, forty eight cent."

I pulled a five from my pocket and handed it to her with a smile. "Here y'are, bitch." Her jaw dropped. "Keep the change and buy some manners. I'm going to go get a Coke that wasn't shaken and some chips that aren't crushed." I went and replaced my messed up goods with stuff that wasn't messed up. "Have a great night," I smiled as I left. Her friend started to snap something at me, and I told her to, uh, buzz off.

I spoke with the manager a couple days later and he said it wasn't the first complaint, and they trusted me because I was nice (I mean how many people tip the checkout people at the drugstore during the holidays???) and after the next day, I never saw her again.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY! I wish I could have seen the look on her face when you told her to keep that change and buy some manners. HAHAHAHA.....
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 10
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/29/2005 3:08 am
If a girl in a convenience store pisses me off I just say
"Thanks Slut"

If she says "what did you say?"

I look all innocent and say, "I said 'thanks a lot'... what did you think I said.....??"
..then start to walk away and under my breath go "... slut".
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/29/2005 1:52 pm
Dude.. that's awesome. I'd have never done that.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.