View post (Christmas Problems)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 6:43 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthat's what I was trying to aim at. that there shouldn't be a black history month, or a kwanzaa to be celebrating black people's history. it should just be considered normal american history. what I said was meant to be anti-racist, it did come out sounding racist though, and I apologize.

it's kinda like our christmas turning into "holiday" thing though. a black man can go around complaining about white people. and it's acceptable. and when a white man says one word about a black man, and it's racist and offensive. :rolleyes:

the problem is that most of the time when a white person says somethinga bout a black person, it is racist!

like idiots who talk about white history month or "they get their own month, isn't that enough." that's why i thought you were being racist, it sounded like "well, jeeze, they get an entire month, shouldn't that be enough?" when really the point is that it should be standard part of history, and not just some asterix.

as far as holidays goes, you still have hannukah around the same time....this year, it actually starts on dec 25th. as far as kwanza goes....that sounds similar to many eastern cultures' holy day of reflection on their ancestors...i thought that was more the point of kwanzaa....not the be a christmas of black people but rather a day to beable to reflect back on your own personal ancestory.

i need to look that up....because i'm really not sure if i'm right or wrong about that...it's been a while since i read up on kwanzaa.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.