View post (2005 crate blue voodoo 120 watt halfstack)

View thread

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
12/06/2005 7:21 am

price new-
$800.00 head
$450.00-cabinet

----pros----
all tube
crunch monster
easy to use(12 knobs total)
spring reverb(level for each channel)
loud as you will ever need
great tone (can get what you want with some fine tuning of levels)
celestion 70/80's in the cab
5 year warranty

----cons----
heavy (head 52lbs. cabinet 90lbs.)
gets loud quick
no master volume
only two channels (clean/dirty)

----Review----
I have had this amp for about 9 months and i love it. Gigged with it about 12 times and it has been great. No complaints. It has a great clean channel that is very, very loud. Break up occurs when ears begin to rattle, then you are pete townsend sounding. it can be warm or bright. just adjust your reverb, presence, bass, mid, and treble.
Dirty channel is brutal. it can do your death metal, speed metal or old school heavy metal, just take time to adjust tone and gain settings. i have had many compliments from the people at shows. they ask what pedals i use to get that sick distortion sound and crunch. I say ....well i do use this chorus pedal :D. ----I like to crank the volume on the dirty channel with the gain all the way down...then slightly bring up the gain as you would volume. classic rock heaven. play soft it is mellow, strike a chord hard and you will soil youself.

----Summary----
great entry halfstack tube amp... as good as some marshall tube heads that are twice the price or more.
if you want great tube sound and tons of volume for a very reasonable price check it out. if you live in an apartment forget it. if you see one used for under $1000.00 get it
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"