Member Conduct

Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
05/29/2001 6:13 am
This board has always been the most civilized and respectful board on the internet.

We have had a lot of new members sign up lately. Many may be surprised to find out that our boards are moderated and that we don't allow hostile or offensive posts.

We insist on a respectful environment. Please be aware of this and join us in that spirit.

Thanks,
Jon

Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
Martin Spaans
Martin Spaans
05/29/2001 7:49 am
It's good to moderate. In the beginning, before internet on the bulletin boards there was the same moderating. Sometimes people need a little correction. This is the first board on the internet what makes sense to me and makes me visit it regularly.
# 2
Riffs
Riffs
06/05/2001 4:58 am
Originally posted by Jon Broderick
This board has always been the most civilized and respectful board on the internet.

We have had a lot of new members sign up lately. Many may be surprised to find out that our boards are moderated and that we don't allow hostile or offensive posts.

We insist on a respectful environment. Please be aware of this and join us in that spirit.

Thanks,
Jon

Jon,

I think it's a very good thing that the boards are moderated and that hostile or offensive posts are not allowed.
If you did allow hostile or offensive posts then I would not post here!

I belong to two other forums one is D'Addario's Guitar Talk which also does not allow hostile or offensive posts, the other is Harmony Central and they are very bad allowing all kinds of nonsense; And so I do not post comments at Harmony no more!
Keep up the good work.
Thanks, Riffs
:)

# 3
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
06/05/2001 3:43 pm
I agree! plus i think this board is one of the best on the net.
One thing i don/t like seeing is members useing all (CAPS
Plus being hard to read its considerd (yelling or (screaming ect.

Mark Toman
>Keep Picken but have fun<

yours truly Mark Toman
# 4
Joseph
Joseph
06/06/2001 2:22 am
Well, this is such a great site, and Ide hate to see anything but interesting conversation on these board, I mean theres no reason why people can't at least attempt to express their thoughts in a most reasonable manner. This place is all about learning new tricks, and how to apply them to our ever growing style, and with these discussion boards, just a little bit of advise here and can have us on our way to new and exciting adventures. With the guitar, there are so many endless possibilities, its a great vehicle for anyone who feels the need to be creative. I'm glad this board, and this overall website is handled properly, with respect and decency. Ide hate to see a good thing go to waste...

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 5
Elmo45
Elmo45
06/06/2001 6:12 am
i.e. Guitar.com style posts;
"Ernie Ball strings rule and yours suck!"
"B.B. King can kick Kirk Hammetts butt!"
"Marshalls rule Fender amps suck!"

Or are we talking about personal attacks that were on a couple posts awhile ago.

Either way this site has been a help and it shouldn't be up to some people to ruin the atmosphere for the rest of us.
# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
06/06/2001 10:54 pm
I think "Ernie Ball strings rule and yours suck!" is pretty easy to shake off. If you have problems doing just that, than it's my position that you deserve to be offended all the time.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.