Need advice

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/05/2005 3:19 am
bass isn't easier or harder than guitar, it's different, it's a different way at looking at your playing and looking at the music you're performing...having done both, neither one is particularly harder than the other....bass offers more oppertunities, though.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
nonexist
nonexist
12/05/2005 4:12 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI was in this dilemna back when I started. I didn't know to go for guitar or bass, so I asked a friend (who happened to be a bass player), and he thought for a second about my personality, and then said guitar... so that's what I went with, and I have not regretted it once!

why don't you try describing your personality a little, then maybe we can help decide.. for example, are you energetic, or kinda laid back? do you like to be the center of attention, or are you shy? etc. etc.

well, if for personality goes I think I will be a bass player.
I'm not energetic, don't like to be the center of attention, dont talk to much, dont like to be bothered, like to do things my way, sometimes lazy...
...on earth will be dead an gone...
# 2
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/05/2005 5:43 am
Originally Posted by: nonexistwell, if for personality goes I think I will be a bass player.
I'm not energetic, don't like to be the center of attention, dont talk to much, dont like to be bothered, like to do things my way, sometimes lazy...

okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 3
stackny
stackny
12/05/2005 5:56 am
This thread made me realize I was supposed to be a bassist. Screw that.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/05/2005 6:47 am
Originally Posted by: nonexistwell, if for personality goes I think I will be a bass player.

well, going with that, I'd say bassist... but now that I think about it, that pretty much describes me too, and I'm a guitarist... so I guess go with whatever inspires you more. when you hear a guitar solo, does it give you goosebumps? and when you hear an amazing bassline, does it make you wish you could do that?

you know what, screw it, I don't know how to tell if someone should be a bassist or guitarist... I say play both!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 5
pogohead
pogohead
12/05/2005 12:35 pm
yeah, before choosing listen to 'pulling teeth' by metallica, 'NIB' by sabbath and 'blood on the worlds hands' by iron maiden (that whole intro is played on a bass). then listen to 'eruption' by van halen and go from there ;)
# 6
nonexist
nonexist
12/06/2005 5:21 pm
Originally Posted by: pogoheadyeah, before choosing listen to 'pulling teeth' by metallica, 'NIB' by sabbath and 'blood on the worlds hands' by iron maiden (that whole intro is played on a bass). then listen to 'eruption' by van halen and go from there ;)

I know, I have listened all that songs, except 'eruption', but I'll tell you an album that amazes me till now days, Killers by Iron Maiden, the bass and guitar solos are awesome :D
...on earth will be dead an gone...
# 7
pogohead
pogohead
12/06/2005 8:03 pm
That album would make me choose bass ;)
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.