View post (Scary Week)

View thread

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
11/06/2005 1:20 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswell, it's good to hear that your dad is alright. but I swear if they charged me for either of the first two visits, leg brace, medicine, etc. I would be sueing the pants off them right now... and they're doctors, god knows they can afford it!

Dude, that's the wrong way to think about it. Just because they worked for 8 years of their life to become a doctor, maybe more, and they earned the money, you should be able to sue them when they make a mistake? What about if you're at your job at the grocery store and you crush some eggs, should someone sue you?

I understand it's not that simple because we're talking about people's lives here. But I see a bad trend happening. Already, the county I live in, is pushing all of it's doctors out because of frivilous lawsuits. (Not saying Lee's situation is frivilous) Can you see a trend forming?

Would you want to work your whole life trying to better humanity and take care of your fellow man, knowing that if you make a mistake, you're going to pay for it? What happens if there are no doctors then? I wouldn't want to get in a profession where I could get sued for every mistake I make. There isn't one doctor on the face of the earth that hasn't made a mistake in their career, (well, maybe Kevorkian, he usually gets it right), but if we keep up with the lawsuits, the price of malpractice insurance keeps increasing, meaning higher costs for us as patients and the fact that healthcare is already through the roof.

I'm just saying, we need to appreciate these doctors for what they do and not the mistakes they make. How many times do you people call your doctor and say, "Wow, doc, you fixed me up good. Thank you so much." I would say hardly ever. But the minute something goes wrong, bam, lawsuit.

This country is in trouble and I think we need a penalty for frivilous lawsuits. I understand that sometimes people are negligent, and just don't care. That's fine, sue their pants off, because it was negligent. But if we keep letting these lawsuits run wild, soon you won't even be able to look at someone without getting sued.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

Lee, love ya man, in a completely heterosexual way.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.