"With Arms Wide Open."

Joseph
Joseph
05/20/2001 4:35 am
Creed, whats your opinion on Scott Stapp's free will to speak his mind when it comes to his lyrics.?Most musicians today would be dead scared to express themselves in that manner, when it comes to spirituallity and their overall feelings growing up. Most people would rather keep these thoughts to themselmes, and focus primarily on failed relationships, and their future plans to dominate the radio air waves. When it comes to reliugion, its probably one of the most sensitive subjects for many, but I admire the fact that Scott Stapp speaks so freely without feeling apologetic.

We all have our story on how we discovered that there there was more than meets the eye when it comes to some of our favrite groups, perhaps you have a stpry pertaining to a different band of your choice?but when it all comes down to it, these guys from Creed, they really take pride in their music, anmd they really enjoy the type that they're making. There aren't many bands today who can wholeheartedly make a statrement like this. So whether or not you agree with their religious beliefs, just keep in mind that theres more to this band than what the sheet writers have to say, they're not just another trend...

Heh, sorry about the title, I'm sure a lot of you guys are rather tired of hearing this song, perhaps even the title, but when all of the card are on the table, this song isn't half bad.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Riffs
Riffs
05/20/2001 5:49 pm
Joseph,
I do not like Creed and I am not a religious person but with regards to Creed's front man Scott Stapp;
He is free to express his views and opinions just like any other music artist does.
If religion is what turns him on and is his inspiration why shouldn't he speak about it if he feels he wants to. :cool:

Riffs :)

# 2
Joseph
Joseph
05/20/2001 7:51 pm
Originally posted by Riffs

If religion is what turns him on and is his inspiration why shouldn't he speak about it if he feels he wants to.

Well, there are consequences for every action we take as a musician, and it seems like most musicians today feel the need to follow the safe pattern, of failed relationships and sex drugs and rock and roll. But with Creed, the singer really taps into his brain, giving you more than the obvious aspects of the rock roll life, he gives you more than what you would expect, he gives you something about. I'll tell you, my previous girlfriend turned me onto this band, and at first I thought they were nothing special, just a Bon Jovi wannabe band, but once you get down to the heart of the mire, these guys really take pride in their position. They're not out there for all of the wrong reasons, their primary motivation isn't the whole rock and roll dream. The thing is, they believe in themselves, and they try their very best to get their overall message across to the public. Instead of giving them something that they know would naturally bring them success, they have taken many chances down hat road, and it has payed off..

Regardless on whether or not a band focuses on religion or politics, when it comes to their music, it would be refreshing to see more bands today who are willing to trust themselves instead of the played out idea of whats deemed acceptable, and what rock and roll is all about. So give this nband another wirl, nd when it comes to music, don't always rely on your imediate reaction...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 3
biosmaster
biosmaster
05/28/2001 7:51 am
enough talk creed are poofs!
zub zub
# 4
Joseph
Joseph
05/29/2001 3:32 am
A good singer and a good guitarist, those who work well together and compliment each others abilities. Throughout the mainstream of rock music, I haven't seen a whole lot of that, but with Creed, this band really fits those standards. They're not the greeatest, but after listening to their albums, and really analyzing their overall arrangments, they've really got something special on their hands. And they know it...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.