View post (future of guitars....)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
10/04/2005 3:49 am
okay so i just recently got a new guitar and had been looking around at guitars and i noticed something and i was wondering what others thought:

it seems to me that parker and prs are taking fender and gibson's places as the constant quality guitars. i realize fender and gibson will always survive because of their history and fender has been making moves lately to try to catch up...but overall, it seems the direction of guitars is moving more towards parker and prs...more specifically prs since they have more celebrity backing right now and won that lawsuit with gibson over their single cut model.

what leads me to say this is mainly not only artist support but that while gibson and fenders are hit or miss in many cases with not only their foriegn guitars but also their domestic models while parker and prs both seem very consistantly quality with both domestic and models made out of the country. better product eventually means more popular product, right?

will we possibly be asking in the future if someone is more a parker guy or a prs guy instead of a fender guy or gibson guy?
okay...my post is done...goodbye.