"What have I become, my sweetest friend..."

Joseph
Joseph
05/10/2001 3:48 am

I know this a stretch for many, but what do you guys think about Trent Reznor?

To be honest, I wasn't too find of his work from the very beginning, but his music kind of grows on you after a while. We all have those friends who tend to jam a lot of crappy music down our throats, and a lot of the times we feel that we already have our minds made up as to whats worth listening to and what not. However, with Nine Inch Nails, you have to listen to their music more than a few times to really appreciate what these guys have to offer. With the album "The Downward Spiral," I swear just about every song off the album really annoyed me, that was until I listened to the song "Hurt," although its recording quality could use some work, I think the music of this song was meant to sound broken down to fully express how this guy was feeling during the recording process. This song is rather subtle, yet powerful, and after hearing this song, I gave the rest of their songs another whirl. :rolleyes:, ehh, but still I wasn't that impressed. That is until they released their latest record. "The Fragile" is easily Reznor's most ambitious and fully realized work to date. It moves with wondrous dream logic through a jarring range of moods. Reznor played most of the instruments himself, including loads of guitar locked away in his New Orleans recording studio, leaving no sonic stone unturned...

So perhaps there are some musicians that you were certain you didn;t like, until you gave them another whirl? And then again, what are your thoughts on NIN?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
NINvanefreak
NINvanefreak
12/29/2001 12:58 am
in my opinion he is the god of rock..he just simply has the most uniquest voice there is out there he will now till the end be my favorite singer :) and just yesterday i got two nin cd's..i got further into the spiral and the downward spiral..hopefully tomorrow im gonna get "the fragile" to add to my collection
You Get Me CLOSER To God~Trent Reznor.
# 2
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
12/29/2001 1:13 am
Some cool guy, can't remember who, said "you should watch out for music that you like when you first hear it"
Well, it takes me some time to get 'inside' a CD, I've never given a try to NIN, but I think that Trent REZNOR has a lot to say, he's a real artist...

Watch out too, 'cause another cool guy said about dodecaphonism (or serial music, music that tries to be the farthest from melody) "man, the worst about this is that you get used to it!!" so watch out, because maybe listening to a CD too many times maybe doesn't leave you any choice but like it!!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.