View post (which amp?)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/15/2005 9:28 pm
so, I'm looking around at amps, which will probably be my next purchase. I want something I can use as a recording/practice amp... I don't want it to be very loud. but yet I still want great tone... I was looking at the peavey classic 30, but according to everyone else on here (I've never owned a tube amp) 30 tube watts is alot louder then 30 solid state watts. so I'm wondering if that'll be too loud. another one I was looking at was the marshall micro stack, the one with the 2 1x10 cabinets. but I don't know about solid state marshalls. I want a good distortion for hard rock and metal, yet still with a good clean channel. I was hoping it would be under $500 but I can stretch that to an extent, I would like there to be a headphone jack for when I need absolutely no volume (after midnight and the like) and a line out jack so I can skip the whole microphone thing when recording. (unless you can use a headphone jack as a line out.. I'm not sure...) I know I don't want a modeling amp, I would much rather have an amp that creates it's own sound rather then try to recreate others. and I'm open to pretty much anything, suggestions please!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace