View post (ok, just placed the order on musicians friend)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/01/2005 7:47 am
alright, so about 2 hours ago I placed an order on musicians friend for a new guitar... I ended up getting:

Gibson SG Special Faded
Musician's Friend SG hardshell case (the gibson case costs $120!!!)
3 sets of GHS strings
1 dozen fender picks
Wallacher Wood Guitar Wall Hanger
Nady QH360 Open Back Studio Headphones
George L's Pre-Made .225 Cable 15 Foot (had to see why they were rated #1!!!)

yep, should ship out tomorrow and be here in 2-5 days. the only problem, I ordered the "worn brown" color guitar when I wanted the "worn cherry" color, I e-mailed customer support about it, but the office is closed and won't open till 8 am tomorrow... so... we'll see if they can change the order before it gets shipped out. if not, then I'll just have to live with an ugly color that will still sound just as good, I'll just put a bunch of stickers on it or something. the color on the special faded isn't anything to brag about anyway (hence the reason for the significantly cheaper price!)

Someone asked me why I decided upon the SG over the gibson les paul vintage mahogany. My reason for that (apart from being $200 cheaper, well actually that guitar includes a hardshell case, so actually about $140 cheaper) was because looking at the reviews on musicians friend, I was looking at all the good ratings and noting what stlye of music those people played, it was mostly blues, alternative, light rock, etc. and then looking at the sg, it was hard rock, metal, death metal, etc. and I figured that the SG would be better suited to my tastes in music though I may consider a pickup change in the future if I decide my 490R and 490T pickups aren't hot enough... (the les paul came with Burstbucker Pros... which I looked up on the gibson website as having a low output) so, hopefully I made the right choice.

and the best part is... my parents are paying for it! yep, they will buy me the guitar, I just have to pay for all the other accessories I'm getting. they are paying because I just graduated high school and this is my graduation present.

ok, sorry about ranting, I'm just really excited and can't wait for it.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace