View post (Offensive language)

View thread

The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/24/2005 1:47 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyBut The Bible was written for simpler people in a simpler time. Just those who translate everything too literally, there comes the problem.

EXACTLY! Although some of us may not realize it, times [U]have[/U] changed since the centuries ago these events were written. Unless the religion can be updated to fit the times, how can we take everything in it literally? I'm a faithful Christian, but that doesn't mean I think everything's right about Christianity.

Was Martin Luther a Christian? When he distributed his 95 Theses in 1517, he shocked the Christian world - yet he managed to start a whole new branch of the religion! He showed us that we didn't need to listen to everything the Church said to be Christians. Why did he say that? Because at this time, the Church was becoming corrupt, with Friars such as Johann Tetzels selling indulgences. As the time changed, the religion needed to be changed as well.

Centuries later, we have had no major change. Unlike, say, our government, which has the potential to change everyday, the Bible cannot simply have a section erased. But unless the religion is fitted with the times, some parts of it should not be taken literally, in my opinion.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks