View post (Offensive language)

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/19/2005 1:49 pm
Originally Posted by: t_shirtsnjeansWords aren't just words. They have an impact. And if the 'words are just words' then why call them 'profane'? Also, when you train your dog on just 'word' commands and you say 'KILL' or 'ATTACK' as the dog is trained will it do as told due to mere 'words'?
Profanity uses empty worthless words. If you call someone a 'f'ing idiot' are they really an idiot who 'f's? Hmm, ok, that would be descriptive, but would it be a slam?
Totally pointless to use profanity. It takes a little more brain power to avoid those words instead of 'like' this and 'like' that like I know like when like I was in like school and like it was like cool to like 'like' someone without like really loving them and like they'd go like to parties and like be cool ya know, like how would you like like it if like they like acted like you?

Go ahead and use profanity, it'll make you like look like the idiot like that uses other like useless like words.

They're not useless. They're very charged words that have a tangible connotation just like any other words.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile