View post (Offensive language)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
07/18/2005 5:22 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeI'm not offended by bad language either.
However, I'd prefer not to read it when I'm trying to find information.
As for GuitarTricks, it's available worldwide, 24/7 to a general audience which includes people under 12 years old with parents who like to get very angry when Timmy reads swear words. Hence the reason for the rules here.

I understand that completly, and I'm not saying that rules are bad. I'm just saying that if you sit back and think about it... they're just words. Either written or spoken... they're just words. People are so sensitive to allow simple words to alter their emotions... I am amazed at how mentally and emotionally stable people are. It's like a mother who sues a rock band becuase her son listened to their music... then killed himself.... well, be a parent and get involved in your childs life. It's not the words of the band that put the noose around your childs neck. I just think people need to stop pointing fingers at things for the problems of society... they need to stop pointing fingers at simple words... Things will never change and I deal with it... It's just sad................................. I think I'm going to write a song about this......

Sorry for my rant. It's just that amidst all the ignorant people. "Freedom of speech" is a phrase lost in translation...