View post (Offensive language)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
07/18/2005 2:17 pm
How offensive is "bad" language? I mean... How many people on this site are offended by "bad" words?????? I don't think I have ever been offended by a single "bad" word that someone has said... so why is censoriship such a big deal. Especially on this forum? Over 60% of the people that use it are over 18 and the ones that are under... I must say, are pretty mature... I understand setting an example... being a role model... I appreciate that point of view. I don't cuss a lot and I don't use excessive "bad" language... but I'm trying to understand why censorship has to leak so far out that it effects every aspects of our life... our music, our television, our internet experience... you have to get in trouble in order to express your true freedoms... you know what I mean? I'm not talking about racial slurs or durogatory comments that are said to hurt people and condescend... I personally am not offended by them... But I will put someone in their place if they use them around me becuase racism is just another word for ignorance...