View post (Strat players vs. Les Paul Players)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
07/15/2005 7:38 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaI would say it's more like 50% or less. And, there's no telling what they're using in the studio. BTW, most recording engineers hate it when they see some kid bring in a rectumfrier, because most don't know jack about how to set them. As far as PRS's go, what can I say, they're great guitars, and a lot of great guitarist play them.

Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, 3 Doors Down, Shinedown, Seether, Crossfade....... among others are bands that I've seen play live and they all played PRS's with either a Hughes & Kettner... or a Boogie. And I would put money on it that it's more than 50%. You're right about the studio becuase the producer makes the band play what he wants them to play... but when they play live the band will play what they want to play... PRS's are nice guitars... I would never buy one ... I don't need a 2 thousand dollar guitar... and most people that I know that have them only bought them to compensate for their lack of skill and to have something to brag about... I guess the only way I would buy one is if I was ever famous... I would buy a bunch of them and give them out for free... just so their prices would go down. I would also smash one at the end of every show just to piss people off.................besides my Strat sounds better anyway.

LP or Strat... doesn't matter what a guitarist plays. The guitar doesn't make someone a good guitarist. It's all opinions when it comes to which one is better and truth be-told, it will never matter. As long as the Earth goes around the Sun there will always be Gibson fans and Fender fans... and they will always think they're better than each other.