View post (Lennon or Kobain)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/06/2001 1:31 am
But still, I grew up listening to The Beatles, and john Lennons songs reallyt played a big part in my life over the past several years, so its really hard for me to put this guy in second place. I agree, there will never be another band quite like the Beatles..But as for Kurt Cobain/Nirvana, it really bothers me that people seem to be more fascinated by this bands sudden popularity instead of acknowledging the fact that this guy wrote really great lyrics, and music that best represented his personality. There are a lot of music who have trouble finding themselves through music, for the time being I think Kurt Cobain did a great job. And the reason his music still rings out many years later, is because a lot of people are able to relate to his overall approach, where music was no longer this big competition. Once again music was about feel and soul... Every few decades there comes a long this great musician who reminds people whats most important..Its safe to say we all need a wake up call every now and then...

But as it seems, many rockstars today are sleeping too long and hard, where all they want out of the music industry is their day in the spotlight. Where longevity and self integrity is secondary. I'll tell you its sad :(.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."