View post (God does exist)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
07/01/2005 7:21 am
Belief in God has been shown to be beneficial to one's health and longevity (in general). Prayer has also been studied to show it does yield results more than doing nothing. Yet that in itself does not suggest the existence of "him". Neither of these helped Job out much huh? I think too many times we underestimate our own abilities and potential, and rely or expect divine intervention.
Another related subject of interest is the afterlife. Most people who die and come back, don't see anything. Although about 25% report an experience of seeing their body, then going through a tunnel or going upwards usually with a guide like a deceased family member. An interesting fact here is that there are almost zero reports of religous figures anywhere...only an ecstasy beyond words. An even smaller % of these people report a "hellish" experience, but again, no pitchforks and fire though.
I don't think I really have a point here...just keep an open mind I guess. Don't get too dug into beliefs and dogmas that you can't accept new ideas.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]