View post (ok, I have got no clue which pickups to get!)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/28/2005 8:49 am
ok, so, I have got this really inexpensive guitar, and since I can't afford a new guitar at this time, I was looking at getting a new pickup as an inexpenisve way to get better sound temporarily until I can get a better guitar. I really would like an inexpensive one, I'd prefer to stay below $50 but I can stretch that a little if I really need to. I really want a humbucker that can actually buck the hum... the stock pickup on my $140 ibanez GRX40 doesn't do that for me too well... my guitar is set up s/s/h and I want to replace the humbucker(which is in the bridge position) as that is the pickup that I use most of the time. I'm usually playing with a moderate to high gain level, and I would prefer it to be able to play both solos and rhythm. I don't really care what the pickup sounds like clean because when I am playing clean I'm usually using my single coils. I play from really heavy metal to stuff like red hot chili peppers. please help me out, I'm not biased to any pickup brand so I don't really care what you recommend to me, I don't have a lot of money (girlfriends can be quite expensive when you don't have a job, so very very little of my money actually goes towards guitar gear) so I would like one as inexpensive as possible but really want the most bang for my buck, so, please help a fellow player out
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace