View post (great artists that have left us)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/26/2001 5:11 am
Originally posted by Agent Phillips
Think real hard. Out of all the artists that have passed away over the years. Which one do you wish you could have seen in concert, for the first time or one more time before they left this earth. I would have to say that it would have been awesome to go to a Nirvana concert but I wasn't very old at the time Kurt Cobain took his life.

Jimmy Hendrix, what an amazing musician, if only he was still alive, I'm sure we all thought about this. And then there was SRV, this guy was amazing, he played with so much passion, I still can't believe hes gone, and that I never saw his band live...Hendrix and SRV have been huge influences on my life, you have idea how many times Ive envisioned going to one of their concerts. Believe it or not, I once had the opportunity to go see Nirvana a long time ago, but because of personal problems I passed up the opportunity, thinking that there would be several other shows along the way. But you have no idea how completely numb my body wen't once I found out the news of Kurt Cobain's passing, it was like a hard punch to my stomach. There aren't many musicians quite like him who put their heart and soul into their songs, this man expressed his personally through his songs in just about every possible way. I'm still kicking myself till this very day for passing up a Nirvana concert, its just not the same on video...

-Joseph

[Edited by Joseph on 04-26-2001 at 01:15 AM]
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."