Just A Few questions

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
05/10/2005 3:20 am
I just want to know What kind of things i can use to get an ok recorder and a drum machine without actually buying something like the gnx4 or other multi effects "workstations" .

And... are Line 6 Spider II amps good and is there anything better for the price?

Thanks
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/10/2005 7:13 am
Well, I know the lower range of digitech multi-effects units all have drum machines...as for recording, I am not sure eh, I have a Boss Br1180cd which has onboard amp modelling and effects as well as an awesome drum machine,but they are rather expensive...Maybe look at the Boss Br8..., it is an 8track digital recorder, dunno if it has a drum machine, but I think it does...atleast worth a look.

I am a huge fan of the SpiderII's, I think they are a great value and have a superb sound,but I think you should shop around and not just take my word for it.

Good Luck Gear Hunting.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/10/2005 8:28 am
What about the Zoom PS-04?
I don't have a clue what the quality is like but it looks pretty kewl for a palmtop studio. Drum machine, Bass, tuner, 4 tracks and 40 virtual tracks, built in mic, acoustic guitar imitator. Plus you can output .wav or .aiff files if you want to import them into your desktop program.
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/10/2005 8:32 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeWhat about the Zoom PS-04?
I don't have a clue what the quality is like but it looks pretty kewl for a palmtop studio. Drum machine, Bass, tuner, 4 tracks and 40 virtual tracks, built in mic, acoustic guitar imitator. Plus you can output .wav or .aiff files if you want to import them into your desktop program.

I always thought of Zoom as a company to avoid...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/10/2005 11:48 am
Me 2 !!

Im always a bit wary of the bargain basement stuff as generally I end up replacing it with the real deal in about 6 months.

Ib buy Behringer before I bought Zoom !!!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 5
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/10/2005 1:53 pm
Yea, I wouldnt touch zoom with a 10 ft pole. See if you are able to get hold of the Roger Linn Adrenalinn, it is an awesome amp modelling unit,with a drum machine. It has some weird, off-beat type effects as well as all the usual stuff,see if it is available near you and try it out.

Come to think of it, what do you intend to do with a multi-track recorder, if you just wanna record your guitar to a backing track for fun, then maybe the Zoom Palm studio is not such a bad idea, but for decent demos you'll want a Boss, or Tascam multi-track...thats what I would look into.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.