School

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
04/16/2005 6:35 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiIn Iowa the teachers pick the curriculum. I can't think of any other state that does this, although for some reason I'm thinking Texas might.

Ya know, I don't think my cousin who lives in New Mexico had to take Texas History 3 times like me..."Remember the Alamo!":rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/16/2005 7:22 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovThere wasn't anything especially "wrong" with them; they were simply pushed too far with too little guidance or support to get them through it the right way.

I hate to argue with you, Rask, because I know I risk getting pwned in the worst way. However, I think when someone resorts to mass murder, there is something terribly wrong with him, be it depression, schizophrenia, whatever, that person likely, if not definitely, has pretty severe psychological problems. I agree that these guys had far too little guidance and support, but I think they would need more guidance and support than normal kids because of what I see as deep-seeded psychological problems.

Sane kids don't shoot random classmates because they're social outcasts.

I think that these kids also probably had bad parents who did not pay NEARLY enough attention to their children, but I think it was more bad parenting coupled with psychological problems that helped fuel this incident. Not merely poor guidance and lonely dejectedness.

It is a perfectly normal thing for young people to crave attention, even use devices to get attention. But when that device is the slaughter of innocent classmates, I think it's safe to say that sanity has gone out the window.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/16/2005 1:32 pm
I simply used that incident to give an idea of the extent of hell that would be paid on the schools part,not mass murder exactly had I been 'cornerd' so to speak.

The magnitude of my inabilty to 'do' school was eventaully recognized by the courts and like I said,I was pushed along until I could drop out.

I can't identify with those involved with the colombine incident for the random nature of the slaughter.It would make more sense to me had they taken out a conference meeting or people on the board of education to leave their blood to scream for actual change/reform...not classmates.They didn't accomplish anything...not that killing for anything but your own preservation is EVER good or justified,but slightly more understandable than misplaced rage.
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/16/2005 4:14 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollyson
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovThere wasn't anything especially "wrong" with them; they were simply pushed too far with too little guidance or support to get them through it the right way.

I hate to argue with you, Rask, because I know I risk getting pwned in the worst way. However, I think when someone resorts to mass murder, there is something terribly wrong with him, be it depression, schizophrenia, whatever, that person likely, if not definitely, has pretty severe psychological problems. I agree that these guys had far too little guidance and support, but I think they would need more guidance and support than normal kids because of what I see as deep-seeded psychological problems.

Sane kids don't shoot random classmates because they're social outcasts.

I think that these kids also probably had bad parents who did not pay NEARLY enough attention to their children, but I think it was more bad parenting coupled with psychological problems that helped fuel this incident. Not merely poor guidance and lonely dejectedness.

It is a perfectly normal thing for young people to crave attention, even use devices to get attention. But when that device is the slaughter of innocent classmates, I think it's safe to say that sanity has gone out the window.

Check your PMs -- I'm not posting my response here.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.