View post (That crucial riff...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/13/2001 2:21 am
We all start somewhere, can you remember that very important guitar riff that inspired you to pick up the guitar? The type of music we are exposed to at a very young age tends to resurface years later, where we can't deny how string our impulses were back then...

As far as I can remember, Ive always been fascinated by the electric guitar, and it wasn't just the pretty colors, (ever since I was five years old and I heard my first Zeppelin records I was hooked. And when you're young you tend to ask millions of questions when you're very interested, and when the grown ups got tired of answering you, we headed to the library. At the time I was listening to Zeppelin, so it was probably something like Black Dog Or Rock And Roll, those riffs inspired me in more ways than one because they were so powerful, and when we experience such power we wan't to create our own. Ive always loved the hard stuff, and that was a great driving force in the very beginning. But before I even touch an electric guitar, I practiced a nylon acoustic day and night.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."