View post (Tips for Guitar Solos?)

View thread

Mr. Vai
Mr. Vai
04/19/2001 5:56 pm
thats a good post there, well, ya i had bad experiances too, me and my band were practicing and at the time i thought i was like ya, know, i thought i was the sh!t. but, it comes crashing down ocne in awhile, well anyway we were practicing and this lil guy comes in (the theater was empty) and he comes in and we all just kinda slowly stop playing, and the guy comes up to me and says "can i try your geeeeetar?" well i said sure not knowing he was gonna shove a ozzy osbourne solo down my throat, it was kinda funny though because i had been showing off infront of our other guitar player but i guess thats what u get, and ya know i went to guitar lessons the other day and instead of learning ya know a steve vai solo or a metallica finger tapping solo, we learned a simple song that was actually nice to play it was ozzy - mama im comming home, it really just made me relize that if you can play somthing simple and make it sound like a million bucks and kinda make people smile when ur playing it or making someone kinda say "hey, thats kinda cool" it can be a whole lot better then staying up till 4 a.m. finger tapping a metallica solo to make a head turn
My guitar is like an umbillical cord, its wired into my head.