View post (Favorite Bands/Influences)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/29/2005 2:21 am
Oh, you know. I can't really cite any one group or style or what not. As far as metal goes, I'm most loyal to Cryptopsy and Jon Levasseur, Opeth, Therion (mostly Cristofer), Gorguts (again, mostly Luc Lumey) and some others that are escaping me. For black metal I'm most loyal to Immortal and Emperor, but Gorgoroth and Behemoth are definitely up there for me. Dream Theater and John Petrucci alone are also influencial to me, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius and Iced Earth hold the power metal podiums for me. Eric Johnson is also a big influence. Of course, I hold a lot of respect for Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen and other guitarists of the sorts. And oddly enough, I'm a guy that can easily listen to Cannibal Corpse and Enya in the same day (hell, in the same car ride). Enya's a big influence to me as well. Classical music as well. I like Beethoven, Chopin, Ravel, etc. As far as music goes, typically if it's something that challenges the ear in one way or another I'll appreciate it for something. Oh yeah, Samael. Big fan, even if they are starting to sound like Rammstein. Movies. As far as movies go, I love horror. Hellraiser, night of the living dead, Halloween, Chainsaw Massacre, what have you. Classics. I also like drama type movies that lead you on to think that you know what's going on but flip you out in the end. And really stupid movies. One of my all time favorite stupid movies is The Dead Hate the Living. Retarded, but still intriguing. I'm not too much of a reader, but what I do read is typically based around psychology. I'm not too much of a story reader, but educational books get my attention pretty well. I'm personally fascinated with the brain and my aspiration to understand the brain and how it works is pretty present. You could say the brain is also an influence. In fact, the brain might be one of my primest influences.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.