looking for that certain sound

westonanowling
westonanowling
03/27/2005 2:43 am
hey guys i was wondering if any ofyou could help me....i was wondering what pedals and effects i need to get to get a sound like creed kinda or switchfoot... or other bands like that..i also like the hard stuff too but more alternative rock stuff!
. i love the sound but i can never get it to sound like that on the pedal board i use so i was wondering what i could do to attain that sound! any help would be nice:) thanks! :D
Weston A Nowling ][-][3peavey wolfgang special edition
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
03/27/2005 6:30 am
Well chances are those bands are using PRS guitars and possibly Crate or another "heavy rock" amplifier. Though I am not familiar with the bands to a great extent, I am fairly good with tones and such. So my advice, get a solid body guitar with humbuckers and either a high output solid state(crate..even though I think they suck, alot of people like them; they have a sort of "new rock" overdrive to them)...then maybe some pedals for switching tones. However alot of solid states come with 4 button switches...so take a look at that.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
westonanowling
westonanowling
03/27/2005 7:01 am
k thanks a lot :) ill be sure to do that :)
# 3
LegatoVibrato
LegatoVibrato
03/27/2005 11:26 pm
If yer gonna buy an amp, check out the Line6 Spider II Combo's. They can give you that kind of sound and many others.

Peace,

---------
Legato
# 4
westonanowling
westonanowling
03/27/2005 11:40 pm
yeh i looked att hose but wasnt sure... ive seen they have gotten really good reveiws but was thinking about a marshal or crate... but if line 6 is just as good or better then thats great
# 5
ibo2
ibo2
03/28/2005 7:57 am
Ok, as a huge Tremonti (Creed, now Alter Bridge) fan, I've done some research on his rig. Just recently they actually posted a video on guitar.com where he gives you a little walkthrough. His basic tone comes from his Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. He also uses an Ubershall (I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it) for the low-end tones. And (I forget who said this) you're right when you say he uses PRS. He actually has a custom model (Called the PRS Tremonti, go figure :p ). His clean tones come from two Fender Twin '65 Reissues. Nice amps, all around. He also has some effects processors, but like I said, that's all where he gets his basic tone. I also heard him say that he likes to just plug right into the amp without adding many effects. When he does use effects, it's only Reverb and Delay. All I really know about Switchfoot is they use Gibson guitars and I've seen them play through Marshall's, but I don't know anything specifically, sorry. Anyway, I hope I helped, and I'm sorry for the long freakin post. :cool:
# 6
westonanowling
westonanowling
03/28/2005 5:19 pm
:D yeh thanks!!!! that helps a lot! lol ive been looking and wondering for a while now and no one seemed to know so thanks:)
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.