View post (Rocktron Banshee)

View thread

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/08/2006 11:00 pm
Originally Posted by: KrunekIsn"t that Sweet Emotion? They use a talk box there... Didn"t hear it on Walk This Way... Anyhowz, the reason I brought this up is, I have a video of Aerosmith doing Sweet Emotion on some kind of award thing live. Well, at the outro solo, I could swore that the tones coming from the guitar were actually heard over the talk box thing. You know, like Perry was singing the solo through the talk box. But he was playing it, no doubt about it. Kind of confused here. :confused: Or am I wrong on the subject?
I mean, is this the way it is supposed to work?

The Talk Box is (as Jon said) pretty much a small amp that puts the sound in your mouth. It doesn't just make a steady noise in your mouth and you move your mouth to make sounds... you can play any riff through it, the sound just is funneled into your mouth and you move your mouth and the sounds goes into the mic and theough the PA. You can also set it up so the talk box is on as well as the normal sound coming through your amp.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace