View post (joining a band)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/17/2005 11:34 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this under but anyways. yeah I've been playing guitar for almost 6 months now (the time went by fast!) and my church's senior high worship band is looking for an electric guitarist mainly for playing power chords. I'm fairly sure they just want a rythem guitarist and not someone who is gonna bust out solos in the middle of the song... right now they already have 3 acoustic guitar players (one is pretty good, the others are so-so), 1 keyboard, 1 bongo player (lol), 3 female singers, and 2 male singers. so it's a pretty strange band... anyway, although I'm fairly confident in my power chords, and I know every major and minor chord in both open and barre chord positions, but that's pretty close to all that I know! what sort of things do you think I should learn for my current situation. do you think I should learn scales, learn to read music... although I'm not sure I'll need much than what I already know, I've always been like an overachiever. :D
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace