Vevlet Revolver on the Travel Channel..

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/17/2005 11:31 pm
Heard today on the radio that they'd be airing a special about Velvet Revolver on the Travel Channel for those that are interested.

Something about how they travel on tour and stuff. It's on at 7:00 pm Central Standard Time.

I'm not into them that much, but I've heard tons of people rave about them, so check it out.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 1
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/18/2005 12:21 am
Velvet Revolver are awesome!!

I saw them in Glasgow, Scotland, on Saturday night!! My ears have only just stopped ringing!!! They are finishing up their UK tour, in which they will play to 80,000 fans, then are doing a US leg, then will be in the studio in fall!!

Seriously, If you havent heard VR then go try them out!! :)
# 2
hammetthead13
hammetthead13
01/18/2005 12:11 pm
I have heard of them, but i'm not overly keen on them. I guess i'm not a big fan of slash's satyle of guitar playing. though i do like that song they have out at the moment. i dunno the name of it but it is a bit of a rock ballard.
My amp is a weapon of mas DISTORTION!!!!
# 3
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/18/2005 4:35 pm
I was at a record fair last year and was chatting to a random guy who was looking for rush LPs. He said something Ive remembered ever since... its not anything exciting but something I thinks pretty true. He said "If you dont like Guns n Roses then you dont like Rock n Roll". I think thats kinda true. And its how I feel about Velvet Revolver, anyone who likes rock cant not like VR because they rock!!
# 4
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
01/18/2005 7:51 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseI was at a record fair last year and was chatting to a random guy who was looking for rush LPs. He said something Ive remembered ever since... its not anything exciting but something I thinks pretty true. He said "If you dont like Guns n Roses then you dont like Rock n Roll". I think thats kinda true. And its how I feel about Velvet Revolver, anyone who likes rock cant not like VR because they rock!!

umm i dont think vr are great and i like rock :confused:
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 5
hammetthead13
hammetthead13
01/18/2005 7:54 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseHe said "If you dont like Guns n Roses then you dont like Rock n Roll". I think thats kinda true. And its how I feel about Velvet Revolver, anyone who likes rock cant not like VR because they rock!!

I would have to disagree with him, as i don't like Guns n Roses but i do like rock. and i don't like VR, but i would again say that i like rock
My amp is a weapon of mas DISTORTION!!!!
# 6
mbuvoltz
mbuvoltz
01/19/2005 6:21 pm
I like both the bands, but then again I like all kinds of rock and metal. If it's got good guitar and a decent amount of balls I'll listen to it. The different variations of guitar are great to me. Slash plays alot of smooth and really toned guitar, while Zakk Wylde and Hammett's solos are real powerfull and intense. It's all good.
# 7
mbuvoltz
mbuvoltz
01/19/2005 6:25 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseI was at a record fair last year and was chatting to a random guy who was looking for rush LPs. He said something Ive remembered ever since... its not anything exciting but something I thinks pretty true. He said "If you dont like Guns n Roses then you dont like Rock n Roll". I think thats kinda true. And its how I feel about Velvet Revolver, anyone who likes rock cant not like VR because they rock!!

Just because some one doesn't love a particularly famous band of a certain genre doesn't mean that don't love the genre itself, and this is coming from a Guns N Roses fan. There are so many variations of rock, and people have a right to there own preferance; that doesn't take away from the fact that they're still rockers.
# 8
mbuvoltz
mbuvoltz
01/19/2005 6:28 pm
I miss Dimebag :(
# 9
01/19/2005 10:21 pm
does anyone who does like vr have an idea of when there new albums supossed to be out i herd they just started working on it
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
:cool:
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/19/2005 11:42 pm
I think velvet revolver is pretty good.. fall to pieces... crap now that song is gonna be stuck in my head all day!

yeah I am a not a fan of guns n' roses (sorry dude) but that doesn't mean I don't like rock! with a lot of stuff from the 80s I don't really like, I know they are the foundation for the music of today but seriously if someone was building a house they started with the foundation then slowly the rest of the house was built! so do you really expect them to love the foundation? true that without the foundation there would be no house therefore you appreciate the foundation but you like the rest of the house more...

I don't quite know where I was going with that but I just would much rather listen to slipknot then to guns n' roses
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 11
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/20/2005 1:55 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_Roseanyone who likes rock cant not like VR because they rock!!

I still stand by what I said!! Similarly, to me, you cant claim to like metal but not like metallica. I think VR are a prime example of a great rock band visually, musically, and politcally. So if someone said "man I hate them" then Id be correct in thinking this guy doesnt like rock!

They are going to work on the new album in Fall. Slash says they have been recording their soundchecks and jams on the raod and will couple that with the material they didnt use for the first album! :)
# 12
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/20/2005 1:58 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI just would much rather listen to slipknot then to guns n' roses

*shakes head* :confused:

If the guys in slipknot were camp... and wore pink dresses... would you like them?
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/20/2005 2:06 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose*shakes head* :confused:

If the guys in slipknot were camp... and wore pink dresses... would you like them?

dude you obviously don't know me! I own a t-shirt that says "tough guys wear pink" so I might actually like them more!!! lol how's that for a comeback! oh and by the way I like metal, but I'm not real big on metallica... now if it were lamb of god, or opeth....
my spyspace
# 14
Re2point0
Re2point0
01/20/2005 4:17 am
Yeah about the VR stuff

I guess the big arguement was "if you dont like VR you dont like rock"....

Thats not all true but is. I'de say that VR is a good band because of there writing ability. not talent on there instruments. You can be a insane guitarist and be stuck playing covers all your life; ya know. But I would say its not true because what would you think of velvet revolver if black eye peas accompanied them in fall to peices... hahaha I dont think any of us would be so fond of them anymore would we. heh
# 15
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/20/2005 4:20 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseSimilarly, to me, you cant claim to like metal but not like metallica.

Trust me; not only is it possible, it's common.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 16
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/20/2005 11:36 am
I really dont think you can question the guys in VRs ability on their instruments.

Im not saying you have to love VR or Metallica to like those genres. But if you dislike them... then that I cant understand. If you say you like rock music... how can you dislike a song like 'Slither' by VR?!?! :confused:
# 17
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/20/2005 8:24 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseI really dont think you can question the guys in VRs ability on their instruments.

Im not saying you have to love VR or Metallica to like those genres. But if you dislike them... then that I cant understand. If you say you like rock music... how can you dislike a song like 'Slither' by VR?!?! :confused:

Well I said that I did like velvet revolver! I like the song slither! (although in the music video the leads singer's pants and how he wears them is just something I'd rather not see!) all I'm trying to say is that you can like a genre but that doesn't mean you have to like every band in the genre! the rock genre itself is so broad that even you can't like every band from it! you like all the stuff from the 50's? to say you don't like elvis presley does that mean that ultimately you hate rock as we know it today? I don't think so! do you understand how completely ridiculous you sound? or maybe you do and you're just one of those guys that can't admit to being wrong.
my spyspace
# 18
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/20/2005 11:15 pm
Yea I totally agree on both parts.

You dont have to like every artist.. but I think theres key artists that you cant not like.

Yea the singer looks really camp in the Slither video!!
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.