favorite guitar

LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/21/2001 11:14 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
..... And I have yet to hear an Ibanez with the pure balls of a good Les Paul.

*Amen, brother, A-Phuckin'-Men.......
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
04/22/2001 5:25 am

I better not hear anyone bad mouthing Ibanez around here, especially after I defended you Fender guys up top.

And my Ibanez S series has excellent tone . . . thank you very much.

# 2
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/22/2001 12:16 pm
*Itz irrelevent whether your stamp of approval goes on a Fender or not :D (The LEGEND Lives On !!!!!!).....HOWEVER, it IS relevent that you get great tone from your Ibanez and congratulations to you for getting "that sound" :)
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/22/2001 6:27 pm
Let me assure you that I have no great objection to anyone using an Ibanez- You really have to play what it is that fits you. I'll also point out that I am not a Les Paul person... I would own one, but my monetary funds are limited, so I try to focus on the instruments that better suit me, rather than the ones I would play on occaision. So that said, it's true that I have yet to hear an Ibanez with the balls of a Les Paul (and I know that you all know what I'm talking about). Their are a few resons for this- the big one I think comes down to the mass of the body. Ibanez likes to make light guitars, Gibson focuses on producing highly figured rocks.

My main point is that if we decide to start crapping on brand names, their's plenty we can slop on basicly any company out there; I certainly don't want to get into that kind of discussion.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/22/2001 9:19 pm
*Except Peavey...They suck ! LOL :D:):D.... (I owned a T-60 back in the day...It was OK...)
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/22/2001 9:22 pm
I still maintain that the Peavey Cyruss Basses kick the snot out of just about anything not made by Carl Thompson.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6
blackrose
blackrose
04/22/2001 11:43 pm
What I meant by refering to les pauls as pathetic was that they feel to much like acoustics when you play them in the way that they are too heavy, bulky, and always get in the way. However, I will readily admit that they do have more "balls" as you put it than ibanez guitars and just might be better quality. Only thing is, I don't think guitars should be heavy enough to kill a man with. They are'nt that kind of axe.:)
# 7
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/23/2001 12:10 am
Les Pauls do feel weird (to me). But people get used to them. As for me, I'm willing to sacrifice lightness for tone.

I don't think you could have put "I don't like the way Les Pauls feel" any clumsier...
It's ok though, we're a forgiving bunch.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/23/2001 12:34 am
*The Les Paul MAY BE the BEST lap guitar EVER.......Yup, itz a "Heavy" bastard BUT compared to what ??? The lightwieght, no tone schit that floods the market ??? MANY people have seen "lil' 'ol" Randy Rhodes (about 5'5" or so) raise holy hell with a Les Paul and the V has also....Sounds to me like you need to start eatin' them Wheaties and bulk up a bit.... :D....Just so ya don't think I'm some kinda Les Paul and Strat freak (which I am !! LOL), I want you to know that after seeing (and hearing) Neal Schon play that marvelous PRS through those Marshall heads/Half-stax (4 of them, each) is THE definition of warmth, sustain and tone......
# 9
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/23/2001 2:40 am
if heavy guitars are a problem you may want to check out this web page- this guy I know makes a "double" guitar strap that some people seem to like. I myself don't use one because I need mobility (to be able to quickly switch basses/ flip them around on the strap buttons and such), but regardless, it's worth checking out: The Dare Strap
Yipee!
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
04/23/2001 4:25 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
You really have to play what it is that fits you.

Yeah, the important thing is to get a guitar that you like and you can play. In this respect, the brand name that's stuck on the front and what the guitar looks like don't really matter that much. They're probably all made in the same sweat shop in Singapore anyway . . .

I tried a Gibson out a long time ago, and I found it way too big and too heavy. The action felt almost like an acoustic.

For me, Ibanez is just right. And this has nothing to do with the fact that Vai endorses them or whatever. I just like the way they play.

Take it easy.
# 11
blackrose
blackrose
04/23/2001 9:58 pm
Originally posted by LEEtheV
*The Les Paul MAY BE the BEST lap guitar EVER.......Yup, itz a "Heavy" bastard BUT compared to what ??? The lightwieght, no tone schit that floods the market ??? MANY people have seen "lil' 'ol" Randy Rhodes (about 5'5" or so) raise holy hell with a Les Paul and the V has also....Sounds to me like you need to start eatin' them Wheaties and bulk up a bit.... :D....Just so ya don't think I'm some kinda Les Paul and Strat freak (which I am !! LOL), I want you to know that after seeing (and hearing) Neal Schon play that marvelous PRS through those Marshall heads/Half-stax (4 of them, each) is THE definition of warmth, sustain and tone......
I understand where you're coming from, but I've never heard of any of the people you just mentioned, and if you can't get all the tone you need from the ibanez AX series that was just refered to as "no tone schit", than it's probably because you've never played one. And you're probably right about the wheaties. I only weigh about 115 lbs so carrying any guitar for any length of time gets to be a drag. I guess thats just one of the drawbacks to being both a guitarist and a wrestler. Sigh.
# 12
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/24/2001 1:53 am
*I'm not lookin' to put ya down, bro...I was just bein' a smart-ass.......Neal Schon is the lead guitar player for Journey (They're on FREE this month on Direct dish live from Las Vegas!!!!).....Side note: Neal is a DIRECT protege (from age 15) from Carlos Santana and played rhythem on "Black Magic women" and the whole "Abraxis" album.......P.S. I don't have anything personal against Ibanez stuff......BUT, since I've played about EVERY guitar there is (over my 28 year history), I get a little "tweeked" (LOL) when I hear people "complain" about how "heavy" Les Pauls are.....Reminds me of when I used to chase VW's off the road with my '57 Chevy !!!!! :D
# 13
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/24/2001 4:01 am
Vee, you are a wild man...

As for heavy instruments... I'm a bassist. If I can cope, so can you.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 14
chris mascarenas
chris mascarenas
04/28/2001 9:49 am
well for me when i started out i played a strat then tele then strat for a while i then heard of a well known guitarist named carlos santana then i was looking at a prs but i was waiting for my santana 2 to come out so i played some old style samba pa ti on a 58 reissue les paul i heard it the tone from the 57 pickups the endless sustain and i wonderd why he started with prs guitars little heavy but tell slash that when hes running up and down the stage anyways i didnt buy it though but canceled my prs wich wouldve cost me 6,000$ when i couldve bought this one for around 4,000$ well i still was thinking how can i get strat sound from a 58 or a 59 les paul i go on ebay and find a jimmy page read about it and look for it and i found it and bought it for a measly 3,500$ and changed the pickups to 57 reissues. oh yeah like steve vai and joe satriani kudos to ibanez and jackson love esp for the kirk hammett signature bye.
# 15
sweetlixxx
sweetlixxx
05/07/2001 11:14 pm
i think the ibanez js100 is awesome the model has all of joe satriani's specs so i think that would have to be my fav
# 16
James Hetfield Is Jesus
James Hetfield Is Jesus
05/14/2001 3:34 am
My favorite guitar is the KH3 ESP (the Kirk Hammett signature).
JAMES HETFIELD IS JESUS
# 17
biosmaster
biosmaster
05/19/2001 6:12 am
im sure there are a lot of guitars that play better but my axe is a gunmetal blue ESP ltd F200 and it Rocks!!!!!!

(Looks ****ing nice)
zub zub
# 18
James Hetfield Is Jesus
James Hetfield Is Jesus
05/26/2001 12:28 am
my new fav is the JH1-ESP flying V wiht the Green flames.
JAMES HETFIELD IS JESUS
# 19
PlayLikeDavid
PlayLikeDavid
05/28/2001 3:26 am
I am looking at a Dean ML X7 seven string.
I have heard of Dean in other areas before, but am not sure about their instruments. What do you think?

Here is the guitar I am considering.:confused:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop?pid=519816&src=60205
Let's have a knock down drag out rock'n'roll party in the street!
Chuck
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.