View post (Need New Guitar)

View thread

Kutzki
Kutzki
01/17/2005 2:38 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnegood points. you can have a $10,000-20,000 custom Benedetto or D'Angelico (WTF is it with Italians and high end guitars??? Benedetto, D'Angelico, DiMarzio, DiPinto... and us Jews have a stranglehold on the metal guitar market: Steinberger, Kramer, Schecter...) but play it through one of those $125 Marshall 10-watters and it'll sound only slightly better than a bottom of the barrel Guitar Center generic $250 semihollow. play a decently built Epiphone through a Mesa Dual Recto or Vox AC30 and said $10,000 uberguitar through the teeny marshall and the former will sound better.

the only good amp in that range IMHO is the Vox Pathfinder, of which I have one.

putting a hemi in a Volkswagen will make it handle like crap (5.7l iron block V8's, but putting individual throttle bodies and a full manifold-back 2.5in exhaust will open the thing up and make it do think you didn't think were possible to do (i'm saving for an ITB conversion on my 6cyl Jetta but no one has made a manifold yet, so, i get to have one custom CNC'ed!!! yay!!! let's hear it for paying down the cost of development for others!!! :mad: ). You can do a similar thing with your guitar by putting in higher resistance pots: 500k's or 1meg's if you really want to go balls out.

the king made a good point on output; higher output does not necessarily equate to better tone. my Kramer has four-blade pickups stock; basically, two small humbuckers put together to form one uberhumbucker. they have inoridnately high output, but, their tone sucks, it's totally devoid of interesting voicing or anything like that. i'd take a low output PAF over an active setup an day of the week.

number one dude i am jewish hehe
ok onto more important business "You can do a similar thing with your guitar by putting in higher resistance pots: 500k's or 1meg's if you really want to go balls out."
what does that mean exactly....
k maybe this will help you understand were my equiment stands
a eupiphone bolt on neck les paul not sure about the pickups but they are pretty bad
even before i sanded down the neck and body i cant play certain notes on the higher frets without making the action crazy high which i need, i used alot of hammer ons and i dont wana work for it i mean i really gotta take up the action and thats not cool
i seriously love my unfinished neck (i just shaved the body cus its a heavy mofo hehe)
anyways my amp is a marshall its 15 watts with four effects i forget the name of it but its not a bad amp
i need some more power thou
i was hopen i wouldnt havta replace that so fast but i have been playin for 3 years and i am starten to really get tapping and arpegious and triples o you gota love them triplets and blues is nice and all but its not that technique
o ya my toggle on my guitar is messed and my pcikguard fell off hehe so its dieind so i dono how much longer i can wait so hehe as much advice as possible please and if you think my neck needs to be straightened i ggot it straightened last week
still can play them notes on the higher frets
anyone know if i can find that cossy unfinished neck i got on my axe? k guys thanks for the advice i will check the schecters out more
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes: