View post (I Want to Break Free)

View thread

Rob_H
Rob_H
01/19/2005 4:36 pm
To clear up this argument here is something i read in a mini book on how to get certain legendary guitarists tone that came with the newest issue of Total guitar magazine. The Brian May section included quote's from interviews with Brain May about the origin of his red special, his guitar has a mahogany neck made from an old fireplace, and the basis of the body was an old oak table with some blockwood and veneer, he said the oak took the strain. The vibrato arm was initially a nitting needle and the fret markers were made from filled down pearl buttons.

Brian may used wah, reverb and a treble booster as effects, he probly will have used other effects too but the mag only highlights these few as far as ive read. He also used an old sixpence as a pick.

* The signature guitar available to buy will probly be made of mahogany, ive never looked but the above is what the original that he made is made of

And that song may have been played on a synth because Brian May also plays synth, i have the live at wembly DVD and ive seen him playing keyboards on it but ive never noticed what songs he plays it on.