View post (Leaving for the Navy Jan 31st)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/02/2005 4:08 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneif you can't set yourself straight then no one can. having some big dude scream at you and make you do things doesn't set you up for a good life, it sets you up to get yelled at and told what to do. why get $1700 a month to not have any choice what you're gonna do? it's pretty damn easy, honestly, to make $1700 a month, and it's not what you want to settle for. if you go into the military and get training to be an electrical technician or something along those lines, then you did waste four years of your life because you can get your certificate at a community college for the same thing for a few hundred bucks.

Wait, wait, wait...

I have seen Tae Kwon Do (which I'm pretty sure I remember you taking) turn people around (after a lot of yelling and doing what you're told to do) and I've seen the military turn several of my friends around. That's not to say that the military is a universal fix, but learning a little dicipline never hurts and getting a good MOS and being PAYED to learn a skill, practice it and then have your college education PAYED FOR by the government isn't exactly a raw deal.

Especially if you spend it on dry land in a support role or in the all but garanteed safety of a boat in the middle of a substatial fleet.

As far as I can see, this kid is doing something good for himself and for our country.

The LAST thing we should be doing is busting his balls for it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons