View post (pop vs. rock)

View thread

LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
03/14/2001 2:54 am
"i have yet to see any guitarist, drummer, or bassist that compares to anybody from the seventies or early eighties, and i don't i never will."

It's this kind of thinking that causes music to stagnate. First of all, I imagine that your musical tastes are limited. Are you familiar with any jazz or classical music? Are you familiar with less than popular rock music today? You need to expand your horizons, and instead of bemoaning the death of music, you'll realize that music has always gone through different phases, and that the same crap that's around today was around in the 70s.

"I tell them if you listen to a rock song, it never gets old, but if you listen to a pop song it tends to get old after a while, and you can't stand to hear it anymore."

Rock songs don't get old? I'm surprised that you think that it's possible for anything to never get old. I've got to always listen to new stuff, I could never stand to listen to stairway to heaven 10 hours straight. Certain pieces are more timeless than others, and bear more repeated listening, but there's always a limit.