Yo Gear Heads, does this tickle your fancy?

kingdavid
kingdavid
11/20/2004 11:58 am
I came across this and got impressed.
I don't know if you'll be impressed. Check it out and let's hear your opinions.
It's expensive though. Fot that kinda money, I'm guessing you can buy a Mesa Boogie or something nice like that.
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/21/2004 7:02 am
It's a good idea but I agree with PonyOne, it's probably not a practical option unless you're already very well off an/or people pay huge loads of money for your gigs. For the money you might as well line up a wall of speaker cabinets at your audience.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/21/2004 6:35 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraIt's not as if a band would just have 1 amp on stage as it suggests.

For the price the band would most definitely have more than 1 amp. If you're a budget-minded shopper you could blast your audience with six 4x12 cabinets for the same price. That would also, I might add, be a lot more fun (if you had roadies).
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
kingdavid
kingdavid
11/22/2004 8:40 am
I kinda felt the same way too, the money is a bit stiff. Plus as has been pointed out, it doesn't do anything to your tone, unlike a proper amp.
You look at the website, it strikes you as "cool" and I'm thinking, looking cool and sounding cool are totally different things.
But it does have a nice effect.
And I'm wondering, does anyone here know any of the acts that are being used in the promotion of this system. I'm thinking someone here would know at least one or some of them.
Check 'em out and tell us.
# 4
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
11/22/2004 2:25 pm
I don't think the issue here is how much sound you get for your money, since this package is a totally different product than a normal PA system. Here, everyone carries their own PA. Sure, perhaps you can buy 6 4x12 cabs, but then, like you said, you also need to hire a roadie to lug it all. What struck me about this system is the sheer portability and ease of setup. Who needs a gear van anymore? Just tell the drummer to take the bus! :D

If the audio end can hold its own, and lives up to Bose's claims, then this seems to be a pretty wicked setup. Sure, maybe it's a bit pricey, but so are most guitar related items.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 5
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
11/22/2004 2:53 pm
seems like the whole band would need them to really benefit...way too unfeasable.

"I'll keep my crappy loudspeakers,thanks."
Try once,fail twice...
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.