View post (Shredding, Sweeping, Sliding, Speeding)

View thread

Bofatron
Bofatron
03/16/2001 8:59 am
Willdridge, a person who was at my last gig just posted at my site and their observation was that what stood out the most for him that night was the over the top solos at the end of our second set (as I would sort of expect I guess) but, to paraphrase, it wasn't the speed of the solos that got to him but the "emotion and power of it all" But I had the speedy stuff contextualized in some Hendrix-ish feedback and wah plaing, threw in some synth lines, played with the dynamics, Bluesy pentatonic lines, etc., and that provided a kind of "base" for the way out shred.

Actally, I was thinking about when I told you to check out "No Sir" that it probably isn't the little shard I thought it was. I don't know, those tracks are pretty weird when you take them one at a time but if I could take the best and variouis moments from each, the slow, the melodic, the insanely fast...etc., etc., etc., and could distill it down to one song then I probably would have captured what I like about my playing. As they are, they're like exaggerations each and every one of them.

http://ShredLikeHell.com