View post (Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway))

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
11/17/2004 5:46 am
Originally Posted by: 3rd_degreeburnYes ur right, they did say that and I too am saying it because its true

Ohhh...so now you've shot down "every "argument ive put.. How about all the things I put up about the good things that have happened in Iraq in the earlier arguments such as :

Here's a couple of the FACTS you made, I'd like you to know alittle more about.

*Over 400,000 kids have up-to-date immunizations.
400,000 out of 10 million??? That's hardly a dent, a good cause but nothing to brag about. Just sounds nice in the media.

* Over 1,500 schools have been renovated and rid of the weapons stored there so education can occur.

1,500 schools, hmm. That number is alittle high. I believe there are only 5 colleges in iraq. Most of Iraq is desert, marshland, and small hut like villages. In urban areas, the ratio of schools to squares miles would rival that of most modernized countries, like the United States. Considering the size of the country is only alittle bigger than the size of two Idaho's. Not very Big. But that is also nice to know when you consider that many schools in the U.S. have been closed due to lack of funding. WTF about the american people?

Iraq's poor education is directly due to the U.S. embargo on Iraq after the first Gulf war. Before that war Iraq spent 5% of education, which is way higher than most countries, which is an average 3.8%. Drop-out also increased about 40,000 after the gulf war. You want to blame saddam?

* The country had its first 2 billion barrel export of oil in June.
Hmm. Before the embargo after the first Gulf War, Iraq was one of the leading oil traders in the world. Also ask where did this OIL go??? Here's the percentage if you don't know.
US 45.4%, Taiwan 8.8%, Canada 8.1%, Jordan 7.8%, Italy 7.4%, Morocco 4.9%, Brazil 4%

Oh my god, what's this look like. AH, The Coalition!!!!!!

Also note oil production before the war was 2.8 million bbl/day. After? 2.2 million bbl/day.

Before I end this one, one more thing. We get 45.4 of there exports, I wonder what we give in return. How bout a staggering 7.4%. Seems fair to me.

* Elections are taking place in every major city, and city councils are in place.
Councils yes, elections no. The first elections in Iraq are not scheduled until january 2005. Even that is questionable since they don't want to hold them til they lower the insurgent numbers, and finish negoiated the policy with those that had power before the war. Even my dreams aren't that sweet.

* Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.
* Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.
* Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.

Where are you getting these numbers? 240,000 men are patrolling Iraq, that's not even 1% of the population. Considering the "hotbed" Iraq is right now, that number is a joke. Reality check, these "police stations" are getting blown up left and right all across the country. Hardly "securing" the country.

* Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.
Yes but there were about 675,000 in use before the war.

* An interim constitution has been signed.

That doesn't mean crap. There hasn't even been an election. No democracy, no constitution. The only thing they have is a rough draft, which is basically written up and only supported by those we have put there, not the Iraqi people as a majority.

Don't get me wrong we have done alot of good over there, but these great looking facts seem real small when you look at the whole picture. That's the problem today is people see only what there told to see. If you get all the facts you too will see that.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.