View post (Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway))

View thread

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
11/17/2004 3:38 am
Originally Posted by: 3rd_degreeburnIm gonna call it quits in this arguement..the fact is that we are over there and it would be crazy to pull out now

What's crazy was going over there in the first place. I didn't read this whole thread, just bits and peices so if I'm rehashing material, I'm sorry.

There are people in America that think we should be the world's police force and defend everyone at all costs. The sad part of it is, is we have many more problems now than we have had in years. (see: healthcare, social security, rising drug costs, frivolous lawsuits, outsourcing)

Doesn't anyone think it's just a bit ironic that after we "captured" the "threat" known as Saddam Hussein that he gets a dental check-up and physical, when millions of American citizens can't even afford this same luxury and are without healthcare?

Isn't it ironic that from the 9/11 attacks more than half of the men responsible were from Saudi Arabia and not Iraq?

Just because our poor government pushes their propaganda down our throats like we can't think for ourselves.

Case in point: Anthrax. Supposedly terrorists were going to use this to attack us. Don't forget the "Terror Alert" system. "Today is a red day, be careful, don't lick envelopes, they may be laced with anthrax."They instilled a fear into the American people to make them think that we we werere going to be attacked again. Now, after that, let's go after someone we can all identify with and hate, Saddam Hussein. (Oh, and by the way, let's grab the oil while we're there.)

Saddam Hussein is an insane man, yes, but there are insane dictators all over the world that we don't go bothering (See: North Korea, don't get me started there either). Sure, they aren't sitting on black gold, but still.

The only thing that I can explain for this war is a struggling economy. It's a proven fact, if the economy is struggling, a war will bring it out.

All the facts about how nice Iraq is now, good, but answer this, "Why is it any of our responsibility?" If you can answer that question to me, I would be truly satisfied.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.