View post (Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway))

View thread

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/17/2004 12:38 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonThe reason he doesn't accept your opinions is because he has evidence that leads him to a conclusion of his own...

It's always amazing how two people can look at the same "evidence" and come out with two completely different points of view. As for PonyOne's posting pictures of his family, I can definitely empathize with him. If my dad was over there, I'd want him to come back as soon as possible. I wouldn't want him to die for the so-called "freedom" of the Iraqi people. If they wanted freedom so much they would have risen up against Saddam a long time ago. A free society depends on people being able to govern themselves, and I seriously doubt that a people who are so willing to strap on bombs and use women and children as human shields will be able to govern much of anything. The only place for people like that is in a zoo. I have to say that the longer this goes on the more it seems like our soldiers are dying for nothing. I for one would not put my life on the line for those crapheads and their so-called liberation, or whatever excuse people want to come up with for the war.

And before PonyOne comes swooping in with his "but you're supporting the guy who started the war" line, let me say that I voted for Bush solely on his domestic policy of lower taxes, pro-business, gun rights, etc, not for his foreign policy. Voting solely on the basis of the war, I probably would have voted for Nader....LOL. But like I said before, Bush was the lesser of two evils.