View post (Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway))

View thread

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/08/2004 4:37 am
I officially declare this thread dead. Rest in peace o' politically-themed thread. May you live on in our memories.

However, as I can't let PonyOne have the last word . . .

Originally Posted by: PonyOneand yet you're supporting the guy who got us into that war and who is keeping us there?[/QUOTE]
It was pretty much a choice between two evils. A liberal scumbag or a guy whose true motives remain dubious. I chose what I thought was the lesser evil of the two.

[QUOTE=noticingthemistake]Think if the threat of terrorism increases, or more attacks occur will we be forced to give up more? This terrorism threat seems to be giving the government a good excuse to pass such laws. These laws we're never questioned until we experienced terrorism. Seems like the take alittle now and then, and the people won't notice.

I totally agree. All it takes is some sort of crisis (natural or man-made) and people are ready to give up their freedoms for security. It's the true sign that your country is going downhill when the people are willing to do this. I don't know if the whole OBL/9-11 thing was a conspiracy or not, but it would make sense if certain individuals wanted to take more of our freedoms away. All they have to do is make us scared enough of all the "evil" terrorists that we come running to the government to make us safe. True safety and security in this world is an impossibility, however.

As for the whole jobs and minimum wage discussion, I would say that the only way to fix this would be to somehow penalize the companies that outsource to other countries. That and - Cut taxes on working class peeps, dump all the regulations and lawsuits that make doing business so expensive, and outlaw most forms of unions to get rid of inflated employment rates. I doubt that any of this would ever happen since all the politicians (dems and reps alike) are on the take from big business and organized labor. So, we'll just continue down the crapper until an apocalypse comes around.