View post (Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway))

View thread

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/05/2004 4:50 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollyson:rolleyes: I think I've seen enough of this theory.[/QUOTE]
It does get quite tiring.

NTM-

I agree with most of your post. There's actually very little difference between democrats and republicans. They're all rich dudes who do little more than look out for their own interests once they get in office. There are a few exceptions though.

The Patriot Act - can you name one instance of how a regular, everyday, law abiding citizen has had their freedoms restricted by this act? And not just made-up ones from far left websites. I think it's done more good than harm. I agree with the spirit of your post though. Freedom is not to be given up lightly, especially not for a false sense of security.

John Kerry - I don't really want to talk about him anymore, since he is now on the trash heap of history. But I can list dozens of bonafide military projects that he voted against during the past thirty years. In my opinion, he is not a very moral person. It seemed like he would say anything just to be popular. That dog-and-pony show where he came walking up out of the woods in his camo said it all.

Minium wage - I believe everyone should be able to maintain a decent standard of living. After all, if people get too poor then you end up with revolutions and all that messy stuff. But if the government raises the minimum wage too high then where is that money going to come from? From businesses of course. And if businesses have to pay all their employees more then they won't be able to hire as many people and more jobs will go overseas. Inflated wages and unions is what caused jobs to go overseas in the first place.

[QUOTE=SLY]You have the right to worry (or not to worry) about anything that happens anywhere in the world , since any small incident that happens must have an effect (even if it's negligible) on everywhere else , but that's not the point.
Worrying is something and taking actions alone is something else , specialy when it's an unjustified war against an enemy that would have never reached your soil at least in the next century.

I never said I supported the war. I, like you, don't really know what the point of it was. But now that we're there, we might as well do the best job we can. I wish everyone could mind their own business and live their lives, but sadly, things are rarely that simple. There will always be injustice in the world.