View post (Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway))

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
11/04/2004 3:30 pm
Originally Posted by: 3rd_degreeburnKingdavid IF you are talking about the economy then you should know that the president has very very little to do with economy...[/quote]
Say word!?
OK.
I could swear that the business environment affects how well an economy does. I could also swear that govt. policy (say, for example, the tax regime) affects the business environment. I could also swear that the govt. affects govt. policy. And finally, I could swear the president appoints the govt.
Telling me that the president has very little to do with the economy is like telling me that the American Cheif of General Staff (you guys call him joint something) has nothing to do with a given war situation. He is at the very top of the system, and like you guys say, the buck stops with him. The president has a helluva lot to do with the economy. THAT IS WHY HIS ELECTION IS SUCH A BIG GODDAMN ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by: Third Degree Burn
...It should be obvious (I guess not for some) that you dont swtich presidents during the time of war

What war? Iraq? Saddam's forces are still fighting?? I didn't know that, by golly! I'd have sworn you guys vanquished them in like 72 hours or some isht like that.
[quote=Third Degree Burn]
...there were atleast 350 and more megatons of highly dangerous explosives found..I know, thats not a WMD but thats a hell of a lot of explosive sitting around a crazy dictator.

Yeah, very easy to deploy within 48 hours.
And as an aside, mega means million, so you're saying Saddam had 350,000,000 tonnes of explosives. Hhmm, CIA anyone?

Thing is, Bush is American, voted for, and unequivocally at that, by Americans.
If kingdavid doesn't like that, he can always buy a beer and a pack of freedom fries to drown his sorrows.