View post (Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway))

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
11/04/2004 1:37 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristophI can only imagine what would have happened if Gore had been in office during 9/11. We probably would have gone whining to the UN about police actions or some such rot. OBL and his extremist buddies would have taken us for weak fools, and we would have been attacked again and again. Has there been another attack since 9/11? No....so that's how I know that Bush has done a good job.

Like it or not, Bush's most important mandate is to defend the USA. If he has to step on a few toes around the world to do so, then that's fine with me. Like 3rd_degree says, we'll see what happens.[/quote]

OK.
Now, if my history serves me right, 9/11 was the largest (and I think the only-correct me if I'm wrong) attack on American soil since Pearl Harbour. Your having not been attacked previously doesn't mean the presidents you've had previously were good at anti terrorism, or that terrorists didn't exist before Osama. And by the same token, just because you haven't been attacked ever since, it doesn't necessarily mean Bush is doing a good job of defending you. In fact, from what I hear, America is still vulnerable to WTC style attacks.
But it could be argued that Bush's activities post 9/11 have helped suppress terrorism. Have they?
For starters, OBL, like the truth in the X files, is still out there. I don't know how well or poorly he's doing in terms of his ability to launch an attack, but he's still out there. And he's threatening more attacks. Maybe he's just bluffing, or maybe he can do what he threatens. Who knows? We could ask the CIA, they usually know these thnigs (WMD anyone?).
One of Bush's biggest action was Iraq. We all know quite a few facts about Iraq. We've argued it to death. No need to repeat it here. Anyone who feels the war in Iraq has helped curb terrorism raise your hand (or press enter on your keyboard :D )

PS:
CONSPIRACY THEORY:
The CIA faked that Osama tape to scare Americans into voting for the guy that looks like he can do a better job of fighting terrorism.
[quote=Bush]
You're either with us or against us!!

Who's biting into my theory?