Guitar soound of the Edge

Scott Zimmerman
Scott Zimmerman
03/08/2001 4:53 am
I have always wanted to know what combinations of amps and effects the edge uses for his sound. I imagine it would be easier to determine this starting with his earlier guitar work up to the Red Rocks recording. This is what I think I know already, he uses a vox amp and a strat along with delay. I'm really curious about what delay effects he uses. If you are an Edge fan like me, but are more knowledgeable than I, I would like your input.
Scott@pushing-up-people.com
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
03/08/2001 6:33 pm
i just posted a trick along those lines. there is a link on the front page. check it out. the key is to make sure you use a delay setting that corresponds with the tempo of the song.

Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
03/09/2001 3:30 am
Despite early on in his career stating that he only really liked reverb and delay, that has changed.
Songs like Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me he uses a Whammy wah, he also uses wah effects in songs like Discotheque.
Achtung Baby through to Pop saw him use a lot of stuff like Flanger, Phaser, etc, and lots of distortion.
As their stuff got more polished, I think he began to move towards conventional rack sort of stuff.
As for guitars, I have seen him use a Les Paul, a late 60's strat (big headstock), a Gibson ES-335, ande some sort of Rickenbaker.
Delay still reamins the major effect though I think.
Hope this helps.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.