View post (Double Trouble is back!!!!)

View thread

RoadHouse
RoadHouse
03/04/2001 6:16 am
You may be right about them cashing in on there name but there are some big artist's on here that did'nt need to do that Johnny Lang, Kenny Wyne shepherd, Dr John, Wille Nelson the list go's on. As for the core of the music Chris, Tommy, Resse, Lou Ann Barton, Denny Freeman,Jimmie Vaughn, Doyle Bramhall II, Gordie Johnson, Charlie Sexton they have been playing together for years most of them are basically family. They have many ties in previous bands together. And spent many a night jamming together and they all have ties to SRV. Who the album is sort of dedicated to on the back. It is a compilation but thats not uncommon in the blues scene I think there are too many big names here for it to be just about the bucks. I hope its more like EC & BB's Riding with the King CD, just something that they wanted to do. Who knows! I do know that I like listening to it. Maybe now that there back in the saddle they will put together something on there own. I'm like you thats what I was hoping for. Thanks for your thoughts, it is something to think about!!